Who We Are
The Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tas Inc. (ATDC) is the peak body representing the interests of community sector organisations (CSOs) that provide services to people with substance misuse issues in Tasmania. The ATDC is a membership-based, independent, not-for-profit and incorporated organisation which is the key body advocating for adequate systemic support and funding for the delivery of evidence-based alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) initiatives.
What We Do
- supports workforce planning and development through training, policy and development projects with, and on behalf of, the sector.
- represents a broad range of service providers and individuals working in prevention, promotion, early intervention, treatment, case management, research and harm reduction.
- plays a vital role in assisting the Tasmanian Government to achieve its aims of preventing and reducing harms associated with the use of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in the Tasmanian community.
The vision of the ATDC is … A Tasmania without drug or alcohol related discrimination or harm.
To provide independent leadership and advocacy; strengthen partnerships through inclusion, and support consumer participation in the promotion of holistic alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) services for all Tasmanians.
The staff and Board of the ATDC strive to uphold the following values when working with members, stakeholders, consumers and drug users as well as each other.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion when working with others.
- Be respectful and treat others with dignity.
- Be inclusive.
- Be innovative and creative.
- Provide high-quality, professional and accessible services and support.
- Work in partnership.