The policy development function within the ATDC supports the organisation’s core roles of leadership, sector support, advocacy and representation.
As part of policy development role the ATDC:
- Sources and disseminates information, reports, resources and evidence-based research;
- Gathers and analyses data;
- Compiles policy and position statements;
- Develops funding submissions and proposals on behalf of the ATDC and the ATOD sector;
- Builds and maintains relationships with government departments, funding bodies, specialist organisations, research bodies, other peaks, and educational institutions;
- Consults with members and stakeholders to inform policy and strategic priorities;
- Advocates on behalf of the alcohol, tobacco and other drugs sector to ensure that the views, needs and expectations of organisations and consumers is reflected to others, and
- Represents the sector on key committees and forums.
To find out more about the ATDC’s policy development work please contact Jackie Hallam, Policy and Research Officer by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 03 6231 5002.