The ATDC has made a submission to the One Health System Green Paper. Submission Highlights include:
1. The commissioning of community sector alcohol and drug services should be transferred completely from the Alcohol and Drug Service to the Department of Health and Human Services.
2. It should be a priority under this review to deploy the Drug and Alcohol Clinical Care and Prevention (DA-CCP) modelling tool to identify the population needs for ATOD services in Tasmania.
3. Alcohol and other drug services are a specialist service type and must be integrated into the broader health and human service system where acknowledgement of the bio-psycho-social framework for treatment and support is central to policy and service system design.
4. Strong leadership will be required to effectively manage this transition and maintain a focus on the principles of the single health system as articulated in the Green Paper.
5. It is essential that we adopt a health promotion, prevention and early intervention (PPEI) approach to ensure equity of access to health.
The full submission can be found here.