Title: MiCBT Foundation Course
Dates: 18-May-2013 for 8 weeks
$1490: Full Fee
$1440: MiCBT Institute Members / Part-time Students
$1390: Full-time Students
Location: Melbourne and Online
The main aim of this 8-week Foundation course is to provide clinicians with a sound understanding of MiCBT principles, theory and practice.
Course content will involve practical and experiential work, and include:
- core and advanced skills in mindfulness practice
- theoretical fundamentals of mindfulness approaches
- incorporating the complex foundations (locus and dynamics) of behaviour maintenance and extinction to improve ecological validity and therapeutic efficacy
- methods to engage the client in the MiCBT treatment plan
- implementing the four stages of MiCBT
- mindfulness-based relapse prevention strategies
- real case demonstrations on video and in a master class format will be included.
No prior knowledge of mindfulness is assumed, however, a working knowledge of CBT or REBT is expected.
For more information: visit the MiCBT Institute website