It is arguable that the negative consequences of (drug) use can most clearly be seen by the effect it has on the families and friends of the user. -Victorian Parliamentary Inquiry into ICE 2014
We know that involving families in AOD treatment improves outcomes. But do you know how to best work with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs?
This interactive workshop is full of demonstrations, clinical discussion and practical skills so you walk away with new and effective ways of working with families of people who use alcohol and other drugs. This Masterclass is for ATDC Members who want to develop their skills in AOD family practice. You will learn how to conceptualise and work with complex family dynamics and take a system approach to family work.
- Understand how different families function and how that affects treatment
- Discover how to establish a collaboration and utilise it to improve outcomes for people in treatment
and their families
- Learn how to harness families existing wisdom to get better outcomes for everyone
- Walk away with a five step model for working with families to focus your family work
- Work out what to do with the ‘tricky bits’ of working with families
FACILITATOR: PAULA ROSS – 360edge
One of Australia’s most experienced trainers in the alcohol and other drug sector. Paula is a master’s level counselling psychologist with over 20 years’ experience in practice and training. She has worked in the alcohol and other drug field in hospital, community and private settings and she has extensive experience
in clinical practice, research, teaching and training, supervision and management.
ATDC MEMBERS ONLY: $110
(includes morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea)
This workshop counts for 6 hours of CPD (self-logged)
For more information contact: Olivia Montgomery, Sector Development Manager e:firstname.lastname@example.org p:6231 5002
Hobart CLICK HERE
Devonport CLICK HERE