This presentation addressed matters relating to withdrawal for a range of substances in both clinical and community settings, including:
- Developing a better understanding of
- Models of withdrawal management
- Screening & Assessment
- Signs, symptoms & complications of withdrawal
- Specialist management of different presentations
- Building capacity in frontline services to provide client support
- Screening and referral
- Clients presenting in withdrawal
- Managing/supporting people on waiting lists for inpatient services.
About the presenters:
Dr Noel Plumley is an addiction medicine specialist at the Alcohol and Drug Service. Noel has more than 20 years’ experience in the area of addiction medicine following a late graduation after previous career pathways. One of Noel’s early initiatives was the establishment of the “Street Doctor” mobile medical service for homeless people in Perth.
Nikolaas Jacometti is a nurse in the Salvation Army’s Bridge Program. Nik works with clients choosing home based withdrawal.
Click here for the podcast versions of both recordings