2021 grant round closes 31 March 2021
The ATDC Sector Development Small Grants Fund provides an opportunity for ATDC Members (Full Organisational Members) to access financial support for their staff to participate in individual professional development courses, training or qualifications which will enhance specific alcohol and other drugs skills and knowledge and/or competencies and skills relevant to the effective delivery of your work.
To ensure ongoing access and equity of grant allocations, eligibility criteria and guidelines have been established. Please ensure you read the information in full before submitting an application.
You are eligible to apply for an ATDC Sector Development Small Grant if:
- Your organisation is a current ‘Full Organisational Member” of the ATDC (please check here for our member list, or contact us if you are unsure about your organisation’s status)
- The course/training/qualification you have selected to do will directly improve client and/or service delivery outcomes and directly relates to the specific AOD work that you do (the ATDC conference automatically qualifies)
- Your Manager has endorsed your attendance at the course/training/qualification and has approved your application
Grant allocation criteria/limits
- A maximum if two (2) grants will be available per ATDC Member organisation, so please ensure that your Manager has approved your application prior to it being submitted
- No individual may have more than one (1) grant per year
- Due to the popularity of the Grants, the ATDC may offer you a partial Grant rather than the full amount you have applied for
- The course/training/qualification applied for cannot be part of induction or core training requirements that your organisation would ordinarily arrange and pay for
- The course/training/qualification must be provided by an agency/trainer external to your organisation
- Funding provided to each successful applicant is capped at $880.00 (including GST). It is expected that most applications would be below this amount but applications of up to $880 (including GST) will be considered
- Applications for funding must be made between 11 February 2021 and 16 April 2021, but the course/training/qualification being attended can be scheduled for any time up until 31 December 2021
- Applications must be received and assessed prior to the course/training/qualification being held – retrospective claims for funding towards courses/training/qualifications already attended will not be considered
- If for any reason a successful applicant is unable to attend the course/training/qualification, the funding must be returned to the ATDC. Allocated funds are not transferable to another staff member or another course/training/qualification without prior request and approval from ATDC
How to apply
- Complete the ATDC Sector Development Small Grant Fund Application form on the ATDC website
- Make sure a copy of the course /training/qualification you wish to attend is attached together with proof of costs associated (tax invoice/quote etc)
- The ATDC will notify you of the outcome of your application within 14 days of receipt.
If your application is successful:
- Ensure that you register and pay for the course/training/qualification you wish to attend
- Provide the ATDC with all relevant tax invoices and receipts to allow the financial acquittal process to occur
- Notify ATDC as soon as possible if the course is cancelled or you are no longer able to attend
- After completing the course/training/qualification, you will need to submit an evaluation form (to be provided to successful applicants) together with a summary of your learnings within 14 days.
For more information on the ATDC Sector Development Small Grants Fund, contact:
Sector Development Manager
6231 5002 or 0427 123 717