Youth, Family and Community Connections (Full-time)
(ARVOs and School Holiday Youth Programs)
Youth, Family & Community Connections Inc. is a local Not-For-Profit Community Organisation that provides a range of health and wellbeing services to young people, families and communities throughout the North West Coast of Tasmania.
We are seeking applications for the position of ATODS Education and Health Promotion Project Officer to work within our Health Promotions team and youth programs (ARVOs and school holiday programs).
This is a full time role, based in Burnie, providing services and support across the North West and West Coasts.
The role involves:
- information, education and health promotion activities on ATOD and co morbidity related issues to individuals, community, schools and services
- access and referral pathways to counselling /support for ATOD and co morbid clients and their significant others
- community awareness/knowledge sessions on ATOD and co morbidity related issues.
- collaborative working relationships with other existing services.
- support programs at the Burnie and Devonport junction HUBs
Applicants must have each of the following to be eligible:
- Tertiary qualification in a community services field (Social Work/Education/Allied Health)
- Experience working with young people and families particularly in the area of substance abuse.
To qualify for an interview, applicants must have a current Driver’s Licence, a National Police Check and a Working with Vulnerable People Registration and be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical.
For the successful applicant the remuneration package includes:
- Salary in accordance with the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 commencing at Level 5
- Training and professional development provision
- Salary sacrifice
- Motor vehicle
To get more information or apply for this position:
For further information on this role and/or an application package (including Selection Criteria) can be obtained by contacting the Team Leader, Damian Collins, at email@example.com or 0407 528 354.
Applications will be accepted up until 5:00 pm on Tuesday, 1st October 2019.