- Are you a current consumer representative or would like to become one?
- Do you have a lived experience of alcohol and other drugs (AOD) use, either your own or someone else’s?
- Are you interested in representing effectively the views of others in the AOD community?
Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council Tasmania (ATDC) and Health Issues Centre offer a four-day course for consumer representatives seeking to enhance their skills and knowledge to represent more effectively the voice of consumers across Tasmania. There are 10 places available.
The course is delivered by an experienced trainer, Dr Tere Dawson (Health Issues Centre), and it is nationally accredited. It covers the following units of competency:
- CCLECM001B – Engage as a consumer or community member in a health or community service
- CCLSCE002B – Support consumer and community engagement within a health or community service
- CCLPCL003B – Provide consumer and community leadership
Dates: Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd & Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th April 2021
Times: 9.30am to 4.30pm
Venue: Hobart (location to be advised)
Cost: The ATDC will cover the full tuition cost of successful applicants (usual cost, $1089)
To submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) please fill in the form on this page.
Expressions of Interest will close on March 26, 2021.
You will be informed of your success by March 31, 2021.
If you have any questions or require more information please contact Kyle Perry, Consumer Representative Coordinator at the ATDC on (03) 6231 5002 or email@example.com