Full time | Hobart
- Exciting opportunity to work with a primary prevention and harm reduction based not-for-profit organisation
- Full time, Continuing role. Hobart based
The ADF encourages cultural diversity and our programs are reflective of our community partners, stakeholders and community at large. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Our purpose is to prevent and reduce harm from alcohol and other drugs across Australia. The Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) is a leading national organisation committed to guiding and supporting community led action.
The ADF’s work reaches millions of people in local communities through sporting clubs, community groups, health organisations and schools, offering drug and alcohol expertise and resources as well as prevention programs tailored to local needs.
About the role
The Regional Community Development Manager role helps our communities to develop their resilience to reduce the harm of alcohol and other drugs.
Alongside the VIC/TAS State Manager, this role manages and efficiently delivers an integrated collection of programs and projects within Tasmania, maximising community benefits. The role will identify, develop and build up community partnerships and manage a highly motivated team.
The role requires contribution to the ongoing program improvement and detection of opportunities for growth in alignment with business outcomes along with quality programs and funding compliance.
You will thrive in an environment where you will lead, develop and motivate others. You have excellent communication and collaboration skills. You are attuned to financial and commercial matters, whilst being results focused have excellent judgement and problem-solving skills.
You will possess:
- Experience in leading and delivering multiple preventive health programs and products across different community settings
- Strong operational and project management skills and experience, successfully achieving targets and delivery expectations, within a community development setting.
- An understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and CALD communities and culture together with an interest in working together with communities to achieve outcomes.
- Strong promotional and business development expertise to achieve established targets and build stakeholder relationships.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing teams using a range of strategies to promote productivity, quality outcomes and alignment with the strategic direction of the organisation.
Please note, any application that doesn’t respond to the job ad requirements may not be considered.
To apply, please include a resume and cover letter responding to the Capabilities Profile on the position description.
Applications close on our careers page at 9am (AEST) on Tuesday 6 July 2021.
For enquiries, please contact Jill Karena at email@example.com