Full time | Hobart or Melbourne
- Provide strong leadership and contribute to wider organisational strategy
- Build and maintain key strategic relationships incl. government stakeholders
- Proactively work on advocacy priorities with other peak organisations
- Deliver or contribute to government and stakeholder meetings and briefings
- Competitive rem package, salary packaging and benefits, leave loading, employee discounts
- Full time, continuing role
Our purpose is to prevent and reduce harm from alcohol and other drugs across Australia. The Alcohol and Drug Foundation (ADF) is a leading national organisation committed to guiding and supporting community led action.
The ADF’s work reaches millions of people in local communities through sporting clubs, community groups, health organisations and schools, offering drug and alcohol expertise and resources as well as prevention programs tailored to local needs.
About the role
This role provides leadership, direction, and management to the VIC and TAS teams resulting in the successful delivery on the ADF strategic plan through activities and program delivery in Victoria and Tasmania.
- Lead, build and maintain strategic relationships, source opportunities that further support the alcohol and other drug prevention programs that prevent and reduce harm in Australian communities.
- Inspire and drive state based staff to ensure high quality, effective and efficient delivery of our programs.
- Contribute to the wider strategic leadership of the ADF through leadership groups and projects.
- Oversee and manage the state components of ADF programs to enable state and national reach and ensure objectives are achieved.
- Previous experience (5 years plus) in strategic leadership and oversight of programs in the health promotion/community development space.
- Undergraduate tertiary qualification or equivalent industry experience in health, social sciences or other relevant community programs management
- Proven success with leading high performing teams
- Excellent relationships building and maintaining skills
What’s on offer
We promote a positive work environment by:
- Providing comprehensive onboarding, induction and professional development opportunities
- Embracing and celebrating Reconciliation, Diversity & Inclusion
- Providing a flexible workplace including ability to purchase additional annual leave, generous personal/carers leave entitlements (15 days FTE)
- Gifting 2 leave days at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
- Providing 17.5% annual leave loading
- Offering Health and Wellbeing initiatives including a preventative based Employee Assistance Program incorporating a wellbeing coaching model.
The ADF encourages cultural diversity and our programs are reflective of our community partners, stakeholders and community at large. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply, please include a resume and cover letter responding to the Position Description’s Capability Profile by 9am (AEST) on 2 July 2021.
Please note, applicants responding to the job ad requirements will be given preference.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org